Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Gas Stations Are Alive With the Taste of Reese's

Reeses
Dress by Velvet -- Anthropologie; Tights by We Love Colors; Leg Warmers by MMAN, according to the tag (source forgotten -- Sock Dreams?); Alpaca Scarf (a gift), made in Argentina

Okay, so the title of this post isn't very melodic, but I just returned from a whirlwind trip to the midwest (Kansas, as it were), for my Grandfather's funeral.  We often watched The Sound Of Music while visiting him and Grandma for the holidays, so I've had some Julie Andrews tunes from that movie running through my head and it's clearly gotten into my blog titles.

Anyway, we spent some time riding around in cars, which meant several stops to get gas and use rest stop facilities, and I couldn't help but notice all the Reese's Peanut Butter products in the gas station candy displays.  Dan picked out two contenders (shown above) for us to sample.

I think I've had a "Whipp" once before.  They're like peanut butter Three Musketeers bars, but I like them better than the current permutation of Three Musketeers, which I believe I've mentioned taste less chocolatey to me than they used to.

The "Crispy Crunchy" was quite nice, too -- and sort of of an upscale Nutty Bar.  I only ate half of this one (I was trying to share with my car-mates), and I'd like a few more bites before I comment extensively.

I'd go for both of these again.

-------

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails