Thursday, May 27, 2010

At least I can say I tried.

 Manhattan Special Coffee Soda

Though I am not a coffee drinker, I am willing to test my limits.  This Manhattan Special Pure Espresso Coffee Soda (which I bought at my beloved Meat Hook) is just beyond my limits.  It's too bad I didn't like it, as I find it appealing that they're made in my neighborhood and have been around since 1895, but I'll be honest.  I thought this beverage took the beauty of a classic cola and marred it with the ugliness of a bitter coffee, then sweetened the whole thing.

I recognize that espresso-lovers might not take my word for it.  I'd expect those of you who really appreciate coffee and soda/pop would want to try it and draw your own conclusions. In recognition of my own limitations, I bought two, and gave one to an anonymous friend who likes the java.  He/she said, "It was not as gross as I expected.  It was kind of too sweet."

-------

2 comments:

Mechanic said...

Even if you didn't like it, isn't there something comforting that the "Manhattan" is for the avenue, not the city? I love that.

Jennette said...

I like that, too. In fact, I walked past their place on Manhattan last night! ;)

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails