Sunday, May 23, 2010

Another Ladies' Night

Counting Room cheese plate

In general, I'm not in favor of events that are designed to be "women only" or "just the boys," but I do love to hang out with my female friends -- and I don't mind if we just happen to do so without the husbands/fiances/boyfriends/guy friends every so often.

Several weeks ago, Rachel and Steph and I checked out a relatively new wine bar in the neighborhood.  Called The Counting Room, their small plates menu is pretty inspiring.  Rachel and I enjoyed deviled eggs with mustard and lemon, and all three of us shared a lavishly appointed 5-cheese plate.

Deviled

We also drank a couple of half-carafes of wine (2 varieties), but I didn't bother to note which ones we ordered.  My apologies, etc., but you should know me by now (unless you're just joining the blog).  I'm not as into the alcohol as the savory snacks. My mind strayed to, then stayed on the food.  

I can't wait to go back to try the "warm bag of croutons" that I ordered (but which they forgot to bring me).

-------

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails