Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Suggested Use-By Holiday

St Patrick's Day and every day.

On St. Patrick's Day, I bought the last carton of Mint Chocolate Chip at the corner store. It didn't turn out to be green, but it did seem an appropriate flavor. As a nod to the drunken drunkenness going on at bars around the nation, I ate some for dessert with a little Bailey's poured over the top (not my idea). Unfortunately, all we had in the cabinet was caramel Bailey's. Weird. But I ate it. I am nothing if not a slave to thematic-slash-edible follow-through.

Just as I suspected, this ice cream (without topping) is still good long after the holiday. I ate more straight from the carton last night, to preserve resources. Washing a bowl wastes water, right?

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails