Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mebbe. Mebbe Nah.

Inner

Problems with the Mint 3 Musketeers Bar

  • too skinny
  • chocolate flavor not dark enough
  • mint doesn't meld well with original "3 Musketeers" taste profile
  • two mini bars instead of one whole bar seems like a design intended to cheat me out of some candy bar action.

Better Alternatives
  • Regular, "classic" 3 Musketeers Bar (though I still say Mars ruined it when they started advertising it as a "lower fat" candy bar. Some say the formula is the same. I say it looks lighter and tastes less like chocolate.)
  • York Peppermint Pattie

P.S. Read Wikipedia's explanation if you are outside the US/Canada, where apparently 3 Musketeers are called "Milky Way" bars and the US Milky Way bars are called "Mars Bars!" Also, did you know 3 Musketeers bars were originally 3 flavors packaged as one?

2 comments:

Andi said...

3 musketeers are my all time favorite snack to eat with my friend laura. they make me very happy.

the mint version- not so much. something about is just off...

Jennette said...

Yes, exactly. There's something off when you add the mint.

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails