Saturday, September 12, 2009

What to do with leftover buttermilk

Making blueberry pancakes
(photo by Dan)

Leftover buttermilk got you down? Keep it simple, dummy! Make Marion Cunningham's buttermilk pancakes for your household. If you're lucky, this household (apartmenthold?) will include a visiting awesome friend. Add blueberries!

As I reported in my comment on the blog post linked above (where you will find the recipe):
I doubled the recipe and made it this morning with leftover buttermilk and blueberries. I had to sub wheat flour for 1/2 cup of the A-P flour, as I didn't have enough A-P flour. I added 2 T of sugar to sweeten it a little and used the extra baking soda as directed. We had great results!

Buttermilk Pancake
(photo by Dan)

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails