Thursday, July 16, 2009

A No-Cone Snow Cone

Snow in July in NYC

Snow Cone

Since I work just a few blocks from there, I hustled over to Num Pang, a Cambodian sandwich shop, to try their Pineapple Ginger Snow Cone with Toasted Coconut.

The flavors were great. The ginger was quite strong and I've always appreciated the tropical edge that coconut gives to other fruit. However, the snow cone was much bigger (and more expensive) than necessary. It started out too hard to eat (with the coconut on top un-incorporated and threatening to blow away as I walked back to the office) and ended up so melted I had to drink it. A softer texture would have made this snow cone even better.

I'd have one again, if I had a friend alongside with which to share it, on a hot day.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails