Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Mysterious Case of the Appearing Chocolates.

Espresso

Appearing Chocolates

A mysterious bag of Mieszko chocolates appeared at work. My only clue? The second language on the wrappers appeared to be Polish.

How they disappeared, however, is no mystery, I took care of three of them myself.

I made the mistake of biting the espresso chocolate in half, only to find that it had a very liquid espresso liqueur center (which promptly spilled down my front). But the flavor was as advertised -- chocolate and espresso is not a bad combination. And I, wily snacker that I am, was eating my coffee chocolates in my bathrobe, as befits a lazy Saturday morning, so no clothes were stained past repair.

I was less fond of the Coffee and Cream chocolate. The filling was creamier but the flavor muddy. Toffino smelled more promising, but was sickly sweet and had a stringent, nail polish flavor that made me cough and choke. Bleah.

I never thought I'd say this, but, "More espresso, please."

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails