Sunday, February 8, 2009

I declare: rice crispy treats are the new cupcake.

Gifts

I would just like to say that I do not collect mugs. I do have mugs and like mugs, but it's not a collection, I promise myself. I try very hard not to collect anything, in the hopes that it will make it harder for people giving me gifts to fill my apartment with, say, angels or zebras.

I do, however, have a lot of affection for my Flight of the Conchords mug and, now, the one pictured above from the New Museum of Contemporary Art, which was a gift from Martha. In it, the perfect tart tisane (Ruby Slipper - pear and blood orange) from SerendipiTea.

And I am considering collecting rice crispy treats. This one was brought home for me by Dan in its circular cardboard container (when empty, these containers hold hair accessories or jewelry quite nicely) from Rice in Manhattan. Small pink specks throughout the treat may have been dried cranberries (they also come with apricots). Whatever they were, it was delicious, if at first a bit stiff from overnight refrigeration in my lunch box (my fault).

I was at Rice (the location in DUMBO) for lunch a few weeks ago and I'm looking forward to going back. Everything I've had there is worth savoring (more crispy rice and shrimp balls, please), but there's a lot on the menu I have yet to try. Collect 'em all!

2 comments:

mechanic said...

i love that mug

Jennette said...

I promise to let you drink out of it someday. ;)

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails