Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thankseating

The free turkey

That turkey I won? Pretty tasty! But that's thanks to Martha, who prepared it and spiced it (Moroccan-style) expertly.


Plate 1: Appetizers

I ate so many appetizers (Chinese, Indian, and American) I had to walk away at one point to catch my breath. The highlight? A kind of fried chickpea patty. Mmmmm.


I was almost too full for the dinner proper.

Turkey's in the wrong spot.


But I persevered. Can I take a moment to say I love Susan Stamberg's mother-in-law's cranberry sauce with horseradish? I do. That's it in the small bowl, all light pink and delicious, in the photo above.


Plate 2: Meat and Sides

Ah, the meat! The side dishes! Highlight: Cauliflower and Brussels Sprout Gratin with Pine Nut-Breadcrumb Topping (but the cream sauce could have been thicker).


Plate 3: The Salads

Ah, the brown-and-serve rolls! The salads! Highlight: Southwestern Christmas Salad with avocado, red onion, pomegranate seeds, grapefruit, and oranges.


Not pictured: Plate #4 (dessert): Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust that I made. It could have cooked a little more, but I was enamored all the same. There were several other desserts I wanted to try, but I hit a wall while eating my last brown-and-serve roll.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails