Monday, November 24, 2008

Just as I suspected.

Nopelets and Notlets

Dan was happy that Tia sent along a mini pack of Aplets and Cotlets ("Apple and Apricot Confections with Crunchy Walnuts") in her box o' snacks. This is because I do not like them, so it was the one thing in the box he knew I would give to him outright.

I've already mentioned my dislike of these somewhat gelatinous - yet crunchy - and powdery cubes, so it would be boring to go into all that again. I thought it would be more fair to get the other side of the story. This is no exaggeration of our interview:

(Snackreligious): Dan, what is it you enjoy about Aplets and Cotlets?

(Dan): Ummm...That's a good question. [long pause]. I'm sure it will come to me.

[Long pause]

(SR): Do you think it will come to you within the next few minutes?

(D): No. No I don't.

(SR): I rest my case.

---

Okay, so maybe that was boring, too. But still.

4 comments:

SirMax said...

I am very jealous actually...I hate to cook...I love reading your blog!

Jennette said...

Aw, shucks. Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! I don't like them either, but they are so PNW that I had to send them. My sister Holly even went to their factory on their fifth grade class trip.

Jennette said...

They do seem like THE PNW snack. I agree! My parents love them, too. ;) We're having so much fun trying everything you sent! More to come in the next few days!

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails