Saturday, September 27, 2008

From Snack Street, Beijing



Here are some photos from special operatives Jim and Martha, traveling in China.

I don't know if I could handle this. I am lily-livered and tender-hearted. I know it means I miss out, but I have a hard time eating things that look like the animals from which they are derived. I'm happily an omnivore, but even chicken legs and wings give me pause from time to time.









Jim says these were still alive.


Speaking of being an omnivore, has anyone read the book The Compassionate Carnivore by Catherine Friend? Looks interesting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Starfish on a stick make me sad. But, I do wonder how they taste!

Jennette said...

That's how I was feeling about the seahorses. There can't be much meat on there, can there? Still, I'd rather eat insects.

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails