Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Pixifood Phenomenon


They're supposed to be foods that we loved as kids but no longer enjoy eating as adults. Maybe I'm still a kid at heart, but here are a few of

Other People's Pixifoods I Still Like
Cotton Candy
Fig Newtons
Marshmallow Fluff
Fun Dip/Lik em Stik
Pop-Tarts
Pixy Sticks
Lucky Charms
Cadbury Creme Eggs
Nerds
Frozen Burritos (Annies Southwestern with masa, esp.)
Nutty Bars
Oatmeal Cream Pies
Jolly Ranchers
Cream Soda
Wonder Bread
Fla-Vor-Ice
Captain Crunch
Fruit Roll-Ups
Sour candy
Gummy/gummi Candy
Fishsticks
Doritos
Cheese in a spray can
Cocoa mix with tiny dry marshmallows already in it
Pasta Roni

Note: I think the key to all of the above is enjoying them in moderation and treasuring your memories.

My Pixifoods Would Include

Big League Chew
Vienna Sausages
Candy Cigarettes
Wax Soda Bottles
SpaghettiO's
Laffy Taffy
Dots
Chef Boyardee Ravioli
Pork Rinds
Candy Corn
Liver and Onions
Boston Baked Beans (the candy)
Red licorice
Froot Loops
Bubblegum ice cream

I'm On the Fence About
Hostess Fruit Pies
TV dinners - sometimes I find I am craving one with fried chicken and mashed potatoes and corn and a brownie
American cheese slices
Cinnamon Toast Crunch - or at least the generic kind I had recently, which got soggy too fast.
Fast food chicken - KFC kinda grosses me out and even Popeye's tastes like soap to me now. I still try to like it every once and a while.
Candy Canes (I mostly just like chocolate and cherry flavors)
Zero Bars - I think I need to try these again to determine whether I find them gross now.
Instant mashed potatoes - I haven't had any in years, but I liked that whole "hot lunch" scene at school.


I am happy to go into more detail about any item on these lists. Mentally, I've made another list called "Other People's Pixfoods I Never, Ever Liked." And I will defend my positions! Not to the death or anything, but still.

["Pixifood" topic originated on: Joe Posnanski]

2 comments:

lizzzknits said...

Where were Necco Wafers on the list. I always got those at the movies, since there were so many and they lasted a long time!

Jennette said...

Ah! Good question. Necco Wafers are in the "I Never Really Liked These and Still Don't" category. We didn't go to the movies much as kids, and so it wasn't really a snacking locale for me until high school or college.

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails