Saturday, August 9, 2008

Snack Delivery!

I found a little song I'd like to dedicate to my Ravelry International Scarf Swap pal, Anastasia, because she is a "honeybunch sugarplum pumpy-umpy-umpkin" (link spotted on Georgina in NYC) for hand-picking all of the goodies she sent along with the beautiful silk-blend scarf she knit for me. I am a lucky, lucky girl.

A cheery box arrived.

Inedibles included a beautiful purple silk and wool blend scarf made just to my taste (I like solid colors, rich texture, soft yarn, and long scarves)

Scarf close-up

and a skein of "Posh Yarn" (merino and cashmere) in a midnight blue (hand-dyed in Wales). Yum!

P1060019

And then...be still, my beating heart:

British assortment

The snacks that Anastasia picked out to include with my scarf are an exciting assortment of flavors and textures. I will be thrilled to blog about each and every one (even the ones I suspect are going to taste...odd). To inaugurate my gifts, I chose to start the day with the orange cinnamon Rooibos tea. I'm generally a big Rooibos fan, but have never had a flavor like this. It smells lovely and the cinnamon shines through the mild orange tea. Wonderful!

Tea for me

I hope you are looking forward to me spotlighting the British snacks that Anastasia scouted for the blog. I'm chuffed.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails