Monday, July 21, 2008

Mozart balls

Mozart
(please open this link in another window while you read this post)

Some history may be found here. Apparently these are legally allowed to be called “Real Salzburg Mozartkugeln” but are not the "original Salzburg Mozartkugeln.”

Huh. Okay. You're not supposed to just eat these, I gather. You're supposed to look at the inside of the sphere. They have rings of flavor with a ball of green at the center. The wrapper says they contain praline paste, almonds and marzipan (it is pistachio marzipan in the middle).

I like the chewiness of the center and the chocolate coating has a nice flavor, but everything tastes like hazelnut to me now. I couldn't really find a distinct almond, pistachio or marzipan flavor in there.

p.s. Yes, there is also a Bach cube. I need to try it, obviously.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails